Moving your family to London? Not sure where to start? This blog is for you.
In hindsight, there are so many things I wish I had known when our family made the jump from San Francisco to London. So it’s time to share!
I sincerely hope you will find nuggets of wisdom within my posts, helping you climb those stress-inducing first hurdles:
- finding a wonderful new home in a lovely neighbourhood, and
- finding a good school / childcare for your children.
Also included is plenty of information on other topics, from planning your budget, to driving on London roads, to managing life without a Target in sight.
About me, the freshly-minted relocation advisor:
- Originally from the home of soft Pretzels (Southwest Germany).
- Lured into student life in the UK by conversation over pints of beer = 8 years in the UK.
- Lured into academic life by the job prospects of San Francisco = 9 years in the US.
- Returned to the UK via London, now with US husband and two daughters in tow.
- Loving it. London is awesome.
Relevant qualifications: a BSc in Biochemistry from the University of Edinburgh, and a PhD in Plant Sciences from the University of Oxford. Just what you’d expect of a relocation advisor, right?
Ask me a question! Leave me feedback! Let me know how you are doing!